Urdu News - UrduPoint2

China| Huawei executive Meng Wenzhou has been released from Canada1 and arrived in China

Ms Meng, who was photographed on her arrival in China, was charged by US prosecutors with fraud.
A Chinase tech executive who was released after nearly three years in Canadian custody has returned home.

Huawei’s Meng Wanzhou flew to Shenzhen on Saturday evening, just hours after two Canadians released from China returned.

In 2018, China accused Michael Spovor and Michael Coorg of spying, denying their detention and avenging Meng’s arrest.

Clear exchanges end a damaging diplomatic dispute between Beijing and the West.

Mr. Spovor and Mr. Coorg arrived in the western city of Calgary at 6:00 a.m. local time (12:00 GMT) and were met by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

China

China

A few hours later, Ms. Meng was applauded by a crowd gathered at the airport in Shenzhen, China.

“I’m finally back home,” Meng said, according to the Global Times, a Chinese tabloid backed by the ruling Communist Party.

He added that where there is a Chinese flag, there is a light of faith. “If faith has any color, it should be Chinese red.”

Ms Meng was wanted in the United States on charges but was released following an agreement reached between Canadian and US prosecutors.

Michael Coorg (R) and Michael Spovar have been hosting since 2018.
Prior to her release, Ms. Meng admitted to misleading U.S. investigators about Huawei’s business dealings in Iran.

He fought extradition to the United States while under house arrest in Canada for three years.

China had earlier insisted that its case was not related to the sudden arrest of Mr Coorg and Mr Spear in 2018. Correspondent

Mr Coorg and Mr Spovor have maintained their innocence, and critics have accused China of using them as a political bargain.

Upon their arrival in Calgary, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau welcomed the couple and shared photos on Twitter.

“You have shown incredible strength, flexibility and perseverance,” he tweeted. “Know that Canadians across the country will be here for you, as they have been.”

Mr Coorg is a former diplomat who works for the Brussels-based think tank International Crisis Group.

Mr. Spawer is a founding member of an organization that facilitates international business and cultural relations with North Korea.

In August this year, a Chinese court sentenced Mr. Spawar to 11 years in prison for espionage. No decision was made in Mr. Coorg’s case.

Mr Coorg is a former diplomat who works for the Brussels-based think tank International Crisis Group.

Mr. Spawer is a founding member of an organization that facilitates international business and cultural relations with North Korea.

In August this year, a Chinese court sentenced Mr. Spawar to 11 years in prison for espionage. No decision was made in Mr. Coorg’s case.

“My life is turned upside down,” Meng told reporters after her release from Canadian custody.
Prior to her arrest, U.S. prosecutors charged Ms. Meng with fraud, accusing her of misleading banks into transacting for Huawei, which violated U.S. sanctions against Iran.

As part of a pending prosecution agreement, Ms. Meng admitted that HSBC was misleading about Huawei’s relationship with the Hong Kong-based company, which operates in Iran.

Read Also| efforts made to return china back to socialism1

Read Also| Fighting with the hunger under the Taliban rule

The Chinese Foreign Ministry said the allegations against him were “fabricated” to suppress the country’s high-tech industries.

But in a statement, the Justice Department insisted it would continue to prepare a lawsuit against Huawei, which is still on a commercial blacklist.

Ms. Meng is the eldest daughter of Ren Zhengfai, who founded Huawei in 1987. He also served in the Chinese military for nine years until 1983 and is a member of the Chinese Communist Party. China

Huawei itself is now the world’s largest maker of telecom devices. He has been accused by Chinese authorities of using his equipment for espionage. China

In 2019, the United States imposed sanctions on Huawei and blacklisted it, cutting it off from key technologies.

The UK, Sweden, Australia and Japan have also banned Huawei, while other countries, including France and India, have taken steps to lift the ban altogether. China

Afghanistan| In Herat, the Taliban hung the bodies as a warning

Taliban fighters patrol the city center in Herat September 10.
The Taliban say they have shot dead four alleged kidnappers and hung their bodies in public squares in the Afghan city of Herat.

The horrific display came a day after a notorious Taliban official warned that extreme punishments such as executions and beheadings would resume.

Read Also| Taiwan wants to enter into a major trade agreement with China first

Read Also| UK recognizes COVID-19 jab after India out-cry

The men were killed in a gun battle after allegedly capturing the businessman and his son, a local official said.

A body was found hanging from a crane in the city center, locals said.

Wazir Ahmed Siddiqui, a local shopkeeper, told the Associated Press that four bodies were brought to the square, one was hung there and three others were moved to other squares in the city.

Maulvi Sher, deputy governor of Herat, said the bodies were displayed to prevent further kidnappings. The men were killed in a gun battle when the Taliban learned they had abducted a businessman and his son, he said.

The BBC has not independently confirmed the circumstances under which the men were killed.

However, graphic images shared on social media show bloody bodies on the back of a pickup truck in which a crane is lifting a man.

Another video shows a man hanging from a crane with a sign on his chest that reads: “The kidnappers will be punished in this way.”

Since taking power in Afghanistan on August 15, the Taliban have been promising a lighter rule than in their predecessors.

But there have already been numerous reports of human rights abuses across the country.

Mullah Nooruddin Turabi, the Taliban’s notorious religious police chief – who is now in charge of prisons – said on Thursday that executions such as executions and executions would resume in Afghanistan because they were “necessary for security”.

Read Also| Afghanistan: “Everyone got it wrong” about Taliban take over

Read Also| Kabul Airport 26 august| Survivors of two bomb blasts share their live scenes

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button